Published 28 August 2023
Buckie Got It Media Source
VACANCY NOTICE – FOREIGN SERVICE OFFICER
The Human Resource Management Department on behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade, Industry, Commerce and Consumer Affairs, Economic Development and Investment wishes to invite suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Foreign Service Officer in Foreign Affairs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring international affairs and providing analyses, advice, assistance, and support in the implementation of the Government’s foreign policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Articulate the foreign policy objectives of Saint Kitts and Nevis in bilateral and multilateral fora.
2. Monitor and advise on global and regional affairs that can impact the Federation.
3. Conduct thorough and accurate research and provide analyses of bilateral and global issues and offer solutions to address them.
4. Produce briefs and reports for meetings and events.
5. Act as official liaison between the Ministry and other intragovernmental or external entities.
- Maintain productive and effective relationships with other members of staff, line Ministries as well as local, regional, and international partners.
7. Attend meetings in support of the Ministry.
8. Provide protocol services as required.
9. Perform any other duties as required by the Permanent Secretary to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in international relations, Political Science, Languages, or a related Discipline
- Proficiency in a second language preferably Spanish or French will be an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
In addition to the requirements above, the post holder must have the following skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of work and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
Salary: K33-K38 ($59,340-$72,936) per annum
Applications must be accompanied by:
Letter of Application
Official academic certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents (certified copies)
Two (2) references with telephone and e-mail addresses
and should be addressed to:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Building #15, Suites 201-202,
Port Zante, BASSETERRE, ST. KITTS
The deadline for receipt of applications is 8th September, 2023.