Published 16 November 2023
Buckie Got It, St Kitts and Nevis News Source
VACANCY NOTICE – PERSONNEL OFFICER
The Human Resource Management Department on behalf of the Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Energy & Utilities; Domestic Transport wishes to invite suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Personnel Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the staff complement; to improve the administration of personnel matters and improve overall productivity and professionalism within the Ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain personnel files for all staff.
- Provide accurate management information as and when required.
- Reply to correspondence regarding employment inquiries.
- Review applications for employment or promotion and advise Permanent Secretary
- Form part of interview panel for job applicants and employees inquiring about promotion
- Assists with recruitment exercises.
- Designs and/or organizes orientation training sessions for new employees.
- Organize ongoing staff training sessions and activities.
- Monitor staff performance and attendance.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or any other related field.
- At least 2 years as a Personnel Officer or Personnel Officer Assistant.
Knowledge & Skills:
In addition to the requirements above, the post holder must have the following skills:
- Ability to handle conflict in a mature manner with the aim of reaching a speedy resolution.
- Communicates well through written and verbal modes.
- Has a demonstrated capacity for analysis and critical thinking.
- Is an independent thinker.
- Has an interest/experience in experimentation and problem-solving within defined constraints.
- Works well on teams of people with diverse backgrounds.
- Has a hunger for learning and overcoming challenges.
- Is highly self-motivated and possesses an exceptional work ethic.
Salary: K33-K38 ($59,340-$72,936) per annum
Applications must be accompanied by:
Letter of Application
Official academic certificates, transcripts, and other relevant documents (certified copies)
Two (2) references with telephone and e-mail addresses
and should be addressed to:
Or hand deliver your application to
Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Energy & Utilities; Domestic Transport
Water Services Department
Needsmust, Basseterre, St. Kitts
The deadline for receipt of applications is