Published 6 November 2019
Buckie Got It, St. Kitts and Nevis Source
VACANT POSITION: DIRECTOR, DEPARTMENT OF STRATEGIC RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (DSRD),
MINISTRY OF NATIONAL SECURITY
SALARY: $6,310.00 monthly.
Other Conditions of Service are commensurate with Civil Service provisions.
CORE FUNCTION: The Director is the Chief Analyst of the Department of Strategic Research and Development (DSRD) in the Ministry of National Security (MNS). He/She will be responsible for the programming and management of the Research Agenda for all matters pertaining to the nation’s security and keeping the relevant authorities abreast of all outcomes.
- A First Degree, at minimum, in the Social Sciences preferably.
- Experience in Security Management or General Management, Research, Strategy, Policy, Regional and International Affairs, are assets.
- Must have an aptitude for solving problems.
- Must be capable of working long hours.
- An integrity beyond reproach.
- Displays good sense of discipline, dedication, loyalty and dependability.
- Good communication skills.
- Responsible for the direct management of Staff Members of the DSRD, to include their training and development.
- Provides direction and guidance for research being conducted.
- Ensures the presentation of research outcomes in a timely manner.
- Conducts liaisons with national, regional, international organizations on research programmes.
- Conducts Briefings / Updates on the progress of work being done.
- Evaluates programme outcomes and makes recommendations.
- Monitors and advises the appropriate authorities in the Ministry of National Security on the direction, effectiveness and progress of plans, programmes and policies, generally, through annual reviews / audits and evaluations.
Application letters, with Curriculum Vitae, the names and addresses of two References, should be sent to:
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of National Security
Top Floor, Karibhana’s Building, Liverpool Row
Basseterre, ST. KITTS, WEST INDIES
To reach no later than 30 November 2019