Published 3 March 2023
Buckie Got It, St Kitts Nevis News Source
VACANCY NOTICE – DIGITAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Human Resource Management Department on behalf of the Ministry of International Trade, Industry, Commerce and Consumer Affairs wishes to invite suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Digital Development Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing digital skills training for public officers, managing a set of rental spaces at the National ICT Centre (NICTC), and overseeing the use of the Examination Centre at the NICTC. The candidate in this role within the Digital Training Unit (DTU) is responsible for the rapid development of solutions for public sector processes, proctoring examinations, and handling requests for rental spaces at the National ICT Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explore the possibilities of rapid development tools on Office365.
- Develop digital solutions using applications within the Office365 suite.
- Remain up to date with relevant training.
- Prepare for and proctor examinations in line with requirements set by exam providers.
- Report on usage of exam room certifications.
- Respond to client for spaces and update room management system.
- Prepare rooms, furniture and equipment for events.
- Assist guests and facilitators with technical and other challenges during meetings.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- At least an Associate Degree in the field of Computer Science or a related discipline.
- OR at least an Associate Degree in any discipline of the physical/life sciences
(Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Geography)
Knowledge & Skills:
In addition to the requirements above, the post holder must have the following skills:
- Ability to manage projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of educational paradigms and best practices.
- Ample knowledge of tools used to deliver online courses.
- Ability to handle conflict in a mature manner with the aim of reaching a speedy resolution.
- Communicates well through written and verbal modes.
- Has a demonstrated capacity for analysis and critical thinking.
- Is an independent thinker.
- Has an interest/experience in experimentation and problem-solving within defined constraints.
- Works well on teams of persons with diverse backgrounds.
- Has a hunger for learning and overcoming challenges.
- Is highly self-motivated and possesses an exceptional work ethic.
Salary: K22-K27/K28-K32 (38,148-$47,388)/($49,308-$57,288) per annum
Applications must be accompanied by:
· Letter of Application
· Curriculum Vitae
· Police Record
· Official academic certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents (certified copies)
· Two (2) references with telephone and e-mail addresses and should be addressed to:
Ministry of Information, Communications, and Technology
P O Box 186
NATIONAL ICT CENTER, #3 C.A. PAUL SOUTHWELL INDUSTRIAL SITE
BASSETERRE, SAINT KITTS
The deadline for receipt of applications is 15th March, 2023.