Published 3 July 2023
Buckie Got It Media Source
VACANCY NOTICE – COMMUNICATION OFFICER
The Human Resource Management Department on behalf of the Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Energy & Utilities; Domestic Transport wishes to invite suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Communication Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and overseeing the execution of the Ministry’s communication plan by providing timely and accurate information to the public on projects, activities, and events to facilitate greater awareness of issues and advancements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement communication plans to convey achievements and research results to key audiences through a variety of activities, events, and communication tools.
- Write, edit, and or review official publications, press releases, website content, speeches and marketing material that communicates the Ministry’s activities, products and/or services.
- Establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with other journalists.
- Respond, on the advice of the Permanent Secretary and the Minister, to media inquiries; arrange interviews and act as a spokesperson for the Ministry.
- Produce and maintain a Ministry newsletter.
- Design Programmed concepts.
- Establish and maintain media database.
- Compile and prepare monthly, quarterly and end-of-year reports.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree (Business Administration/Management, Public Administration, or relevant area)
- At least 2 years of work experience (In the communication field)
Knowledge & Skills:
In addition to the requirements above, the post holder must have the following skills:
- Good command of the English Language both written and oral, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external staff and stakeholders and to represent the Ministry to the highest standard.
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Can work effectively, confidentially, and confidently with all stakeholders, partners and other governmental departments.
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary service to the public.
- Have computer and digital literacy.
- Is highly self-motivated and possesses an exceptional work ethic.
Salary: K33- K38 ($59,340-$72,936) per annum
Applications must be accompanied by:
· Letter of Application
· Curriculum Vitae
· Police Record
· Official academic certificates, transcripts, and other relevant documents (certified copies)
· Two (2) references with telephone and e-mail addresses
and should be addressed to:
Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Energy & Utilities; Domestic Transport
P.O. Box 186
Water Services Department
Needsmust, Basseterre, St. Kitts
The deadline for receipt of applications is 24th July, 2023.