Published 3 July 2023
Buckie Got It Media Source
VACANCY NOTICE – ASSISTANT SECRETARY
The Human Resource Management Department on behalf of the Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Energy & Utilities; Domestic Transport wishes to invite suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Assistant Secretary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing advice, assistance, and support in the formulation of policy and administration of the Ministry to maintain the efficient delivery of services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and assist with policy development, analysis, and delivery in line with the requirements of the Ministry.
- Prepare correspondence to local and external persons, agencies, and departments to respond to the needs of the public.
- Monitors the implementation of the Ministry Agenda and strategic management initiatives to ensure that the execution of such initiatives is consistent with original objectives.
- Represents the Ministry at meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences, and other official functions locally and overseas to ensure the presence of the Ministry and to represent its interests.
- Monitors incoming correspondence to remain current with a wide range of information and to assist with necessary follow-up action.
- Manage and supervise the use of all vehicles in the Ministry.
- Provide oversight for the Department: Energy Unit and Domestic Transport.
- Oversight for the Security Guards within the Ministry
- Performs any other duties as required by the Permanent Secretary to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- At least a bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- OR at least an Associate Degree in any discipline
Knowledge & Skills:
In addition to the requirements above, the post holder must have the following skills:
- Ability to handle conflict in a mature manner with the aim of reaching a speedy resolution.
- Communicates well through written and verbal modes.
- Has a demonstrated capacity for analysis and critical thinking.
- Is an independent thinker.
- Has an interest/experience in experimentation and problem-solving within defined constraints.
- Works well on teams of people with diverse backgrounds.
- Has a hunger for learning and overcoming challenges.
- Is highly self-motivated and possesses an exceptional work ethic.
Salary: K33-K38 ($59,340-$72,936) per annum
Applications must be accompanied by:
· Letter of Application
· Curriculum Vitae
· Police Record
· Official academic certificates, transcripts, and other relevant documents (certified copies)
· Two (2) references with telephone and e-mail addresses
and should be addressed to:
Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Energy & Utilities; Domestic Transport
Water Services Department
Needsmust, Basseterre, St. Kitts
The deadline for receipt of applications is 24th July, 2023