Published 10 +November 2023
Buckie Got It, St Kitts Nevis News Source
VACANCY NOTICE – ASSISTANT ENGINEER
The Human Resource Management Department on behalf of the Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Energy & Utilities; Domestic Transport wishes to invite suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Assistant Engineer.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for asset management, coordinating and monitoring capital projects, performing periodic plan reviews, collection and evaluation of data regarding the water distribution system, project management, and preparing and delivering public presentations amongst other duties. The Assistant Engineer works under the general supervision of the Manager/Water Engineer of the Water Services Department. This position represents the interests of the Department through interactions with the Public Works Department Engineering Division, engineering consultants, project-related contractors, other utility companies, government Ministries and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods, and procedures used in water distribution systems.
- Knowledge of asset management, condition assessment and evaluation studies
- Knowledge of pump design and troubleshooting
- Skills in project management, general understanding of contracts and the ability to interpret construction contracts and specifications.
- Use of CAD system to design and specify projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments/ministries, service providers and the public.
- Ability to organize data collection activities, analyze technical information and identify solutions.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical Engineering
- Minimum two (2) years worked in a water utility company or in operations and maintenance.
- Demonstrates the capability of developing and implementing solutions towards the improvement of pump mechanism’s reliability and efficiency
Knowledge & Skills:
In addition to the requirements above, the post holder must have the following skills:
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills essential for coordinating with staff and other stakeholders.
- Time management, organization, and the ability to work to deadlines.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Skills in engineering design, analysis, and calculations
Salary: K33-K41 ($59,340 – $83,292)
Applications must be accompanied by:
· Letter of Application
· Curriculum Vitae
· Police Record
· Official academic certificates, transcripts, and other relevant documents (certified copies)
· Two (2) references with telephone and e-mail addresses
and should be addressed to:
Or hand deliver your application to
Water Services Department
The deadline for receipt of applications is 6th December, 2023.