Buckie Got It News Source
Published 7 August 2023
Citizens of Saint Kitts and Nevis Can Continue to Benefit From Canada’s Partial Visa-Free Waiver
Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, August 6, 2023 (Press Secretary, PMO) – The Government of Canada announced a significant development in bilateral relations with the Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis in July; the granting of a partial visa-free waiver to Kittitians and Nevisians, allowing them to travel to Canada by air for short stays without the need for a visa.
This landmark decision is a testament to the strengthening of ties between our two nations and acknowledges the mutual benefits of enhanced people-to-people exchanges, tourism, and business opportunities. Easing travel restrictions for Kittitians and Nevisians fosters greater cultural understanding and promotes economic growth between both friendly countries.
It is important to note that while the partial visa-free waiver facilitates easier travel, all Kittitians and Nevisians who wish to visitCanada must complete the Electronic Application Form (eTA) for seven Canadian Dollars (CAD 7), before travel, to be granted access.
Under this partial visa-free waiver, citizens of Saint Kitts and Nevis will be able to visit Canada for stays of up to [Number of Days] days for tourism, business meetings, family visits, and other short-term purposes without the requirement of obtaining a traditional visa. This provision will enable Kittitians and Nevisians to experience the beauty of Canada, explore its diverse landscapes, and strengthen personal and professional relationships.
Eligibility Criteria for the Partial Visa-Free Waiver:
- Passport Validity: Kittitians and Nevisians must possess a valid passport. The policy applies to Saint Kitts and Nevis nationals who had a Canadian visa during the past ten (10) years, as well as those who have a current non-immigrant US visa.
- Travel Purpose: The visa-free waiver is applicable for tourism, business meetings, family visits, and other short-term stays. It does not apply to employment or long-term residency.
- Return Ticket: Applicants must provide proof of a return or onward ticket from Canada.
- Sufficient Funds: Travelers are required to demonstrate sufficient funds to cover their stay in Canada.
- Criminal Record: Individuals with a criminal record may not be eligible for the visa-free waiver and should apply for a regular visa.
To benefit from the partial visa-free waiver, Kittitians and Nevisians must follow the steps below:
- Online Registration: Applicants can register online through the official website of the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship Department, https://www.canada.ca/en/
immigration-refugees-.The registration process will require essential personal and travel information. citizenship/services/visit- canada/eta/apply.html
- Screening Process: The applications will undergo a thorough screening process to ensure compliance with the eligibility criteria.
- Approval Notification: Upon successful evaluation of the application, the applicants will receive an approval notification via email or other designated communication channels.
- Travel to Canada: With the approved registration, Kittitians and Nevisians can travel by air to Canada without the need for a visa. They will need to present their passport, the approval notification, and other relevant travel documents upon arrival.
This significant step towards increased travel facilitation between Saint Kitts and Nevis and Canada fosters a deeper commitment to fostering enduring friendships and cooperation.