Local news, News

Dr. Douglas promises reintroduction of REACH, congratulates successful CAPE and CXC students

Published 22 August 2017

Buckie Got It, St. Kitts and Nevis News

Dr. Douglas promises reintroduction of REACH, congratulates successful CAPE and CXC students

BASSETERRE, ST. KITTS, AUGUST 22ND 2017 – With hundreds of students receiving their Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC) results last Friday, former prime minister and Leader of the Opposition, the Rt. Hon. Dr. Denzil L. Douglas, has expressed concern that scores of them will be unable to pursue tertiary level education as a result of the decision of the Timothy Harris-led Team Unity Government to abandon the REACH – Recognising everyone’s Ability to Climb Higher. – introduced by his Labour Party Administration in August 2013.

Read More...

Business, Crime/Justice, International news, News

Record $417M award in lawsuit linking baby powder to cancer

http://www.loopslu.com/content/record-417m-award-lawsuit-linking-baby-powder-cancer-2 #

Published 21 August 2017

Buckie Got It, St. Kitts and Nevis News Source 

Record $417M award in lawsuit linking baby powder to cancer

A Los Angeles jury on Monday ordered Johnson & Johnson to pay a record $417 million to a hospitalized woman who claimed in a lawsuit that the talc in the company’s iconic baby powder causes ovarian cancer when applied regularly for feminine hygiene.
The verdict in the lawsuit brought by the California woman, Eva Echeverria, marks the largest sum awarded in a series of talcum powder lawsuit verdicts against Johnson & Johnson in courts around the U.S.

Read More...

Business, International news, News

Google to serve next version as Andriod as “Oreo”

http://www.loopslu.com/content/google-serve-next-version-android-oreo-2 #

Published 21 August 2017

Buckie Got It, St. Kitts and Nevis News Source

An upcoming update to Google’s Android software finally has a delectable name. The next version will be known as Oreo, extending Google’s tradition of naming each version after a sweet treat.
Google anointed the software Monday after spending the past few months referring to it as “Android O.”

Read More...

International news, News

U.S. Government critical of St. Kitts and Nevis, Caribbean states on “religious tolerance”

Published 21 August 2017

Buckie Got It, St. Kitts and Nevis News Source

U.S. Government critical of St. Kitts and Nevis, Caribbean states on “religious tolerance”

WASHNGTON, D.C., AUGUST 21ST 2017 – The U.S. Government has criticised the Timothy Harris-led PLP/CCM/PAM administration in Basseterre for what says is its “religious intolerance.”

In releasing the 2016 International Religious Freedom Report last week, the United States Department of State said that almost 20 years after passage of the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998, “conditions in many parts of the world are far from ideal,” including those in the Caribbean.

Read More...

International news, Local news, News, Travel

Renewed UK Travel Advisory on St. Kitts and Nevis warns of murder, armed robbery and sexual assault

Published 21 August 2017

Buckie Got It, St. Kitts and Nevis News

Renewed UK Travel Advisory on St. Kitts and Nevis warns of murder, armed robbery and sexual assault

BASSETERRE, ST. KITTS, AUGUST 21ST 2017 – The United Kingdom Government has renewed without amendment its travel advisory on the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis.

“Most visits are trouble-free, but there have been incidents of crime including murder, armed robbery and sexual assault,” said the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London in renewing and re-issuing the Travel Advisory on August 18th 2017.

Read More...